Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ballerina Birthday Party


We had my Little Miss's 3rd birthday party over the weekend. She loves pink, ballerinas and playing dress up with her tutus, so a ballerina themed party was fitting!

All the girls that came were giving a pink tutu to wear at the party and take home.

I don't have a cricut or silhouette {a silhouette is on my wish list!} so I just printed the banner off on white paper, cut them square and stacked them on scrapbook paper. I finished it by strung them together with tulle.

Those white lanterns are from Dollar Tree's wedding section. I picked a few for my girls' room, but decided to hang them up with a bit of brown tulle for the party.


I designed her invitations for free on scrapblog and used the same image from the invite to separate the "happy" and "birthday" on the banner.

{The table was full of pink, brown and white treats}
I covered the table with a white table cloth and the pink with white polka dots table runner is actually off her old crib. I took it apart when she was a baby and saved the fabric knowing it would come in handy someday!

I bought this 3 tiered stand for under $20 at Target for our wedding and it's come in handy over the years!
Mini chocolate cupcakes with pink tinted cream cheese frosting filled the top and bottom tier and homemade oreos filled the middle tier.

Pink and white cotton candy stacked in a $2 vase from Walmart.
The silver bead necklaces came in a 6 packs from the Dollar Spot section at Target.
The silver glitter high heel is from Walmart's $1 ornament section.
My little girl loves that little high heel. She calls it a "glass slipper" {like Cinderella}

Every time we go down the baking aisle, my little girl asks for pink marshmallows.
She finally got some for her party.

This 3 section tray is from Dollar Tree and was filled with Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, drizzled with pink and white chocolate.

{Chocolate covered pretzel rods filled another little vase}
{Of course, more pink, white and chocolate used to dip the pretzel rods}


Each girl was sent home with a party favor bag which included ballerina stickers {from Dollar Tree}, plenty of play jewelry, a heart shaped soap {$1 for a pack of 5 at Walmart right now}, candy, and their own little jar of "Ballerina Bath Bubbles".

Just some empty baby food jars, white spray paint for the lids, some pink gingham ribbon and tags.
We picked up a large bottle of pink bubble bath at walmart for a few bucks to fill the jars and have plenty left over.

The Littlest Miss turns one in February, time to start planning another party!

5 People Had to Say...:

Karen said...

What a fun party! The decorations are adorable and I love the banner you made. CUTE! I hope your daughter had a great birthday! Take care-

Mugdha said...

This sounds like it was the perfect party! She must have been over the moon! New follower, and loving your blog. :)

Jen said...

Very cute!! I am a new follower! Just love meeting new crafty people, and networking.
Cheers!
Jen
http://cariboobutterflycrafts.blogspot.com

DIY Party Mom said...

What a cute party! I love the colors. Pink and brown are one my favorite color combinations. I'll bet your daughter loved her party--everything turned out so cute.

Unknown said...

Everything looks great! I'm sure your daughter was in love with all the pink.
~Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails