Friday, May 1, 2009

They Call Me Mellow Yellow...

Is it seriously May already?

Yesterday was a yellow kind of day, but I was anything but mellow! I started the morning making something that was yellow... Can't say what, it's a surprise! I'll be doing a tutorial on it in a couple days. In the morning I realized a had a couple bananas we didn't finish before they went to mush (this is a first around here!) so I decided to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins while Payton was taking a nap in the afternoon.

While those were baking I finished this lovely yellow headband:

I had already made the large yellow flower loop bow and the satin flower. Must have been the muffins on my mind that made me decide to throw in a layer of brown gingham and a brown button to finish it off. I love how it came out!

Just look at my "baby fashion" finds from yesterday! Yellow and Brown! I should have been listening to Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" to complete my afternoon! (love that song)

So you want the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe, right?

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Streusel Topping

Ingredients
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 medium very ripe bananas)
Chocolate chips *optional
Streusel Topping *optional
1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons firm butter
Streusel Directions: Combine dry ingredients, cut in butter with 2 knives in a criss-cross motion or use a pastry blender until crumbly.

Muffin Directions

Pre-heat oven to 400. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffins cups with shortening, spray with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.

In large bowl, beat milk, oil, egg and bananas with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon of streusel topping.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. If baked in greased pan, let stand for 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to wire rack; if baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm if desired.

Makes 12 muffins
Enjoy! I recommend a glass of milk to wash one down, or if you are like me and don't like milk, try a diet dr. pepper :) Also *note to self, don't go into food photography. Yikes!


1 People Had to Say...:

sewberrycute said...

Those muffins look really yummy! We always have a couple of bananas left over so I'll have to try making some!

Related Posts with Thumbnails