Saturday, April 11, 2009

Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting

I meant to post this recipe earlier this week, but I kept forgetting! If you plan to make carrot cake for Easter, here's a recipe for delicious Cream Cheese Frosting!



Ingredients:
8 oz. Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
3/4 c. powdered sugar
8 oz tub of whipped topping (thawed)
In a large bowl cream cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.

Add to your favorite cake, cupcakes...heck anything! Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature! It also helps to take a spatula and smooth out the cream cheese in the bowl first so you don't get any lumps when you beat in the sugar! This frosting does require refrigeration!

If you are using this on a carrot cake, try adding a little orange extract or orange zest to it!

I've made this frosting with about a 1/2 cup of pureed strawberries and put it on chocolate cake. Delish! If you use strawberries, I recommend using fresh strawberries, or thawed frozen strawberries that aren't juicy if that makes sense. The second time I made this with strawberries, I used frozen strawberries that had a lot of juice when they thawed, I didn't think to drain them and they made the frosting super runny and it wouldn't set!

0 People Had to Say...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails