Tuesday, April 14, 2009

5 Tricks to Keep Your Toddler Entertained While You Get Ready!

Most days I try to get ready before Payton wakes up... Some days I'm lucky if I'm up before her!

Here's a few things that keep Payton entertained while I get ready.

1. Give her a few dry erase markers, set her on the counter and let her color to her hearts content on the mirror. When's she finished just wipe it off with a dry paper towel.

2. Give her empty make up containers and old brushes and let her do her "make up" like mommy. I found a 'pretend' eyeshadow kit Payton loves to play with-Might not be such a great idea if it's toddler boy you are trying to entertain :)

3. Put her in the tub (without water) with all her bath toys and let her play.

4. If you are desperate, put her in the sink and let her turn the water on and off 100 times. She'll get a little wet...ok maybe a lot wet...but she'll stay happy!

5. Ok, I really only have 4 tips, but normally if none of these work I bring in one of her favorite toys...books...or a tub of blocks and that does the trick.

Many of you've probably discovered some of these "tricks". If you have any other tricks that you've found works wonders keeping your little one entertained while you get ready, leave a comment and let us know!
Related Posts with Thumbnails