Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Slacker, slacker, slacker!

This will be a quick post! Today is my baby girls first birthday! Yes, last year we spent Christmas in the hospital. Best present EVER.

I've got plenty to do today between her birthday and packing to head to Idaho to spend Christmas with my husbands family.

I did want to announce a few things!

One: I'm testing a new site called, Artfire. Heard of it? Its still in beta stage, but I'm hoping its grand! My heart still belongs to etsy, but everyone says Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Two: If you haven't heard about CPSIA, it is not good news. A law has been put in affect that ALL items intended for use for children 12 and under most be tested for lead. This includes clothing, jewelery and other accessories. I won't go to far in to my opinions on here, that would make too long of a post, but I will say, it seems ridiculous to me that they are not having raw materials testing. Fabrics sold at JoAnns should be safe for use by everyone, this is only one example that would save so many small companies from the large cost of testing. This all came about from toys tainted with lead coming over from China last year, and all Americans will suffer now. While in theory, testing seems good, but some testing can cost $2000 and upwards, putting small businesses like mine out of business, and this will raise prices to consumers all around. If you would like to read more and vote in attempt to make a difference, click here.

AND Three: In honor of my baby's girls birthday and the holidays! I'm giving 10% off all orders now through January 1st. Mention that you saw this promotion on my blog in the notes to buyer at checkout and I will refund the 10% through paypal ASAP!

I hope this all made sense, I was typing fast as I have lots to do today!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas everyone!

0 People Had to Say...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails