Thursday, May 19, 2011

{Almond Chicken}



Don't forget everything at Chicy Creations is 45% off through the end of the weekend. There are some insanely awesome deals to be found in the shop right now!

*****
One of the Win, Lose or Blog contestants, Bailey, posted this kraft recipe for Almond Chicken Dijon a few weeks ago and I love it!


The original recipe calculates at 200 calories, I made a few minor adjustment to add one of those super food boosts, without adding extra calories.

Here's how I make mine:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons light mayo with olive oil
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
4 teaspoons ground flax seed
4 teaspoons chopped almonds

Heat oven to 375. Mix mayo, mustard and flax in a small bowl, evenly divide and spread over chicken breast. Sprinkle each chicken breast with one tablespoon of chopped almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

This is SO easy and so tasty.

One chicken breast works out to be 200 calories with 26g protein! Serve this up with some veggies and a side salad and you have a low fat, low cal, filling dinner packed with protein. I've made this several times now and we all love it! You can cut out a few calories by leaving out the flax seed, but I've been trying to sneak some in our diet here and there and I think it's worth it.

It's the last week of the Win, Lose, or Blog competition! These last 7 weeks have flown by. I've lost 20 lbs so far and I'm loving the new energy I have and the lifestyle changes I've made. Feel free to check in at Win, Lose, or Blog next week to see the final results!

0 People Had to Say...:

Related Posts with Thumbnails