Friday, November 5, 2010

Detangling Doll Hair

I found this cute doll for $1 at the thrift store and couldn't pass it up, but it's hair was a mess.

The picture doesn't do justice to the knotted mess it was.

I remembered reading on a friend's blog months ago how to detangle synthetic doll hair.
I gave it a try and it worked!

Here's what you need:

water spray bottle
windex
conditioner
comb
lots of patience



First rinse the dolls hair in warm water.
Spray it with windex and work the windex throughout the hair.
Wait a couple minutes and then repeat.

Then generously add conditioner to the hair and work it through.
Let sit 5 minutes..
and comb, comb, comb!

Comb again a few times as it dries.

I'm not going to lie, this process frustrated me to no end.
The doll's hair was a complete mess, but it worked.
There might or might not have been moments when I almost just took the scissors to it and hacked it off.
It did get easier as I went and I just worked in small sections.

Here's an "after" of the back.
and front...
 

Happy Friday!

1 People Had to Say...:

Unknown said...

SO excited to find this post! I have a darling Rapunzel doll & a Barbie doll that are in dire need of a good combing :) Thank you again!

Love your blog, follow me back at www.carronhefner.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails