Thursday, June 25, 2009

Orange Peel!

After my random post yesterday I saw there were some who hadn't heard about using orange peel in your kitchen sink! I'm not sure even sure where or when I learned this little trick, but I love it!




After I've cleaned out my sink*, I give it a rub down with the orange peel. Then I break it into tiny chunks and grind it in my garbage disposal. I toss just a few chunks in at a time...sometimes I keep part of the peel on the sink to use again in the next day or so. Keeps it clean and fresh smelling! Lemon peel works well too, but we have orange peel on hand more often.

*That scotch brite scrubber works wonders on dishes and the sink- I got it for a couple bucks at Walmart. We have calphalon pans and it cleans them well without scratching them. I toss it in the dishwasher whenever I run it to help keep it clean.

I hate doing the dishes but these things help a bit!

Happy Cleaning!

3 People Had to Say...:

Southern Girl said...

I'll have to try that! We always have oranges!

Michele Mallory-Davidson said...

Never thought of it before, what a great idea!! Always have orange peels!
~Michele from By Your Side

Teddy Started It said...

I've never rubbed the sink down w/citrus peel, but that's a great idea. Whenever I make margaritas -- which is probably a littl too often;p -- I always put the lime in the disposal. Citrus does such a great job at keeping things clean & fresh. Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails